[Tfug] Ezgo "book-PC"

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:52:36 MST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, Ronald,
> >
> http://www.google.com/patents?id=TesaAAAAEBAJ&dq=5436818
>
> Ah, OK.  But, the xformer plays the role of choke (?)

yep ... sort of, it combines elements of froward and fly back into one
transformer, where the fly back element has a huge energy storage, its
difficult to explain how that is possible, but at any rate it ends up
averaging the switched power rather than a choke having to.

> I'll be happy to trade places??  :>
>
> I did some googling:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

Holy cow, thats some good info, there are a lot of ways to train wreak
capacitors. I guess I can stop blaming some of the mass capacitor deaths
I've seen on power supply's, since it can be many things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2jUYNimDnE