[Tfug] ".name" top-level domain?

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri May 16 15:27:27 MST 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [Tfug] ".name" top-level domain?
From: Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>
To: tfug at tfug.org
Date: 05/16/2008 02:59 PM
> Hi,
>
> I'm just looking at Paul Lemmons' email address
> (paul at lemmons.name) and note that I have never seen
> ".name" as a top-level domain.  Was this one of the
> changes that accompanied the addition of things like
> ".biz" to the namespace?
>
> --don

I have had the address for a lot of years (6 or 7?). Basically it is
just a forwarding address with no real mail box associated with it. It
allows me to to change providers without changing my email address. (I
hate web based email). It has been very handy and folks can remember it
when it speak it to them. I have no idea when the TLD became available
but I do remember getting in early so that I could get "my" name. It was
all the rage in early 2000 :)

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.