[Tfug] LCD repair

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 17:14:15 MST 2008

Hi, Adrian,

--- Choprboy <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote:

> My personal experience with several LCDs doing the
> power-up/turn-off mode has
> that it has always been the powersupply (ignoring
> the more obvious Grand
> Canyon-ish gash across the face). First and formost
> the slug/wallwort
> failling to provide a smoothly regulated supply
> (Advan LCDs spring to mind
> most often for burning out their PSs). A secondly
> the LCD circuit board
> fracturing at the DC plug/receptacle (just like
> laptops are prone too),
> leading to a high resistance or open circuit on the
> power input.

Hmmm... neither fits these particualr panels
(HP's).  They have an onboard power supply (i.e.,
110VAC inlet) so any "connection" is internal
(that isn't to say that this couldn't be flakey).

I suspect foldback regulator shutting down the
supply until the inverters drop out, then letting the
supply restart, repeat ad nauseum.

<shrug>  I guess I will have to take one home and
look into it (a shame to discard them if it's a
simple fix)

Thx!
--don