[Tfug] Worldcare

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:13:00 MST 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Rich <r-lists at studiosprocket.com> wrote:

> On May 10, 2008, at 10:06 am, johngalt1 wrote:
>
> > Clearly for dumb asses like me, finding out about World
> > Care's thrift store entails tying together a couple of
> > indirect references in bitsonthewire.com and worldcare.com
>
> Now all we have to do is find out a way to get from "This isn't good
> enough" to "Here! Have some free Web design services!"
>
> R.

What would be handy (and I'd be willing to volunteer/help out with)
would be a simple website that has some info on the servers/computers
they have.

Or some sort of database to catalog everything they have and an associated
price.  I went out there today, and while they have some interesting things
out front, I've heard they have interesting stuff in the back.  But Joe
wasn't
in and I couldn't check else out (I guess the room in the back with all the
super-secret stock I've heard about).

If they have as much stuff as Bexley says they get in, and the rest of us
(who crave random/interesting electronics) have access to knowing
what their inventory looks like, it might make things move with a little
more speed.  If they have a way (via said website) to get the obscure
stuff moving out the door, it might even bring in a little extra cash....

I don't know who to talk to, but it is an idea to ponder....

       - Chris

--
Chris Robbins
Systems Programmer