[Tfug] dictionary attacks?

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat May 10 08:16:12 MST 2008

George Cohn wrote:

> That's weird!  I'm just using a regular Qwest DSL account through
> SimplyBits that I've had for years.  Actually was bblabs before they
> bought them.
>
> I don't seem to be having any problems with anyone else sending me mail.

I just noticed that the time was hosed on my PC.  Not sure why.  I've
been doing some labs for a security class so I may have accidentally
hosed it.  I resynchronized to Internet time and it's correct now.

Could that have been a potential cause?  It was showing just 3 AM with
no date.  Maybe your mailer thinks a malformed time stamp is a hint that
it is a bad message?

George Cohn