[Tfug] Dilemma: Qwest or Comcast?

euvitudo euvitudo at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:32:49 MST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Jon <bigj at flatwan.net> wrote:
>  Yes they used to advertise it, just not in traditional channels/methods.
>  Still advertising though.

i see.  I may just give them a call to see if I can switch to ISP-less service.

>  euvitudo: Did your mother/you call AOL and order broadband from them and
>  they gave you Qwest DSL or did she/you call Qwest directly? I may have
>  misunderstood what you were trying to get across.

My mother called Qwest (some years ago) to get DSL, and told them she
wanted AOL (since that was her dialup service previous to the DSL line).

The configuration information they gave her was all Qwest information.
She connects to AOL's network through the DSL line.

So, in the end, when I visit her, there's no need for me to go through
AOL (I'll never use their services), and I can access everything I need
through it.  The first time I did, I was curious about what networks
were being used, and explored a bit further, determining that my
connections weren't going anywhere near the AOL network.

Next time I'm there (she's out of state), I'll re-verify the above.

Phil