[Tfug] Dilemma: Qwest or Comcast?

euvitudo euvitudo at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:59:55 MST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Bob Sanchez <bobthesanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not? Because there would be no IP service!

Heh...  "IP" service?  uh-huh  (/me laughs)

> In the case you mention, AOL is basically reselling Qwest service - they're
> obviously acting as the INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER.You're confusing
> pre-revolutionized AOL (with all the crap services they provided) with a
> company that provides IP. So you're either naive, or act totally oblivious
> in an effort to generate an argument.

Listen... when at my Mothers (as stated below), I do not require a connection
to AOL.  Furthermore, the IP address in my connection logs (e.g., SSH, HTTP,
etc.), are from a qwest.net address.  She pays no more for that--just the
Qwest DSL charge and the (useless) connection to AOL.

> Get a clue..

Obviously you did not read my email (I'll keep my email around below to
help you out).  Furthermore, you obviously did not read the conclusion
in this thread, in that Qwest allowed him to buy DSL service WITHOUT
an ISP.

In the case of my mother and the person who initiated the thread, their
ISP is Qwest, at no extra charge.

Cheers,

Phil