[Tfug] firefox 2/3

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Tue May 6 09:43:15 MST 2008

On Tue May 06, 2008 at 09:32:55AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:10:26AM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On Tue May 06, 2008 at 08:54:00AM -0700, Josh Miller wrote:
> > > Of course the nice thing about ff3 is when it crashes, at
> > > least it remembers all the tabs you had open and reloads
> > > 'em.  Makes it quite a bit less painful.
> >
> > Very true! Without that ability I would have abandoned it
> > long ago.
>
> Note that FF2 has this too, if you set the default startup
> behavior to "Show my windows and tabs from last time".

I didn't notice the tiny invisible '3' in his post. I use FF 2
and that option has saved me a lot of grief. It also offers to
restore your session in the event of a crash (I think it's built
in and not part of a plugin).

> But sadly it only works 95% of the time, the other 5% you only
> get one window of tabs back (dunno why, the old FF1 extension
> to do this worked 100% of the time).

Not sure why it doesn't work for you. That feature is more
reliable than the rest of FF. ;-)

--
Glen