[Tfug] firefox 2/3

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Mon May 5 23:10:25 MST 2008

On Tue May 06, 2008 at 04:35:39AM +0000, Eric M. Gearhart wrote:
> I say that simply because on both Windows XP and on openSUSE I
> really haven't seen Firefox 3 crash... only occasionally (once
> a week maybe?)

I realize that you meant this specifically with regards to
Firefox 2&3. However, to say that FF doesn't really crash and
then follow up saying maybe only once a week is *absurd*.

This has been said many times, but it bears repeating. We have
lowered our standards too far. For most software it should be
unacceptable to crash once a week.

A counter argument is that of course window managers, text
editors, x servers, etc., need to run for months or longer
without crashing. But I argue that the web browser has reached a
state where it should be held to a higher standard.

--
Glen