[Tfug] [OT] Stupidity of phishing victims

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 17:25:40 MST 2008

isn't accessing a compromised server risky?  Don't you leave your finger prints?

Choprboy <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote: On Saturday 03 May 2008 16:04, keith smith wrote:
> How can you tell the phishing site is writing to a file or what they are
> doing with the info?
>
> And how do you know the number of people that gave their info?
>
> I must have missed an email someplace....

Yep you did...

>> the details are being written directly
>> to a local filre on the server

Open directories and using standard compromise/phishing installation scripts
leed to the same general files in the same places... I love the ones best
that leave their compromise scripts/backdoor on the server so I can use it
after them. ;)

Add 8 more to the stupid list so far.

Adrian

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org