[Tfug] Today's xkcd

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Thu May 1 10:27:43 MST 2008

On 1 May 2008 at 9:47, Chris Hill  wrote:

> Flash is pulling the url of the strip via xml from this url:
> http://www.dilbert.com/xml/widget.660/?StripID=2982&Year=2008&Month=5&Day=1&t=1209660080

Yeah, well I don't like Flash comics.  Saw this on another list I monitor
today:

------- Included Stuff Follows -------
Anyone get this today? NOD32 went nuts when my Dilbert Widget loaded on iGoogle
today.

5/1/2008 8:13:59 AM      HTTP filter

File:
http://widgets.dilbert.com/o/478bf9182f409c7e/47b1abd4b866e47b/478cca4a3b6a051d
/c17bbf56/-MAX/1/-PUR/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

probably unknown POLY.CRYPT.TSR.COM virus connection terminated - quarantined
CYPHER\cbosak                Threat was detected upon access to web by the
application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

[snip]

"You need to install an RTFM Interface, due to an LBNC issue."
- B.O.F.H. (Merged 2 into 1) - Me
--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------

I see no reason to allow Flash to run most of the time.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona