[Tfug] finding linked pages

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Thu May 1 02:29:28 MST 2008

On 30 Apr 2008 at 23:08, christopher  wrote:

> Hi everyone. Is there a way to search for linked pages
> on a website? I edit a website at the univeristy and
> they have adopted a new policy that says everyone of
> UA webpages has to have a UA banner at the top. When I
> started to go through link by link, I realized just how
> many pages there were on this particular site.
>
> Do you know of a way to find all the linked pages on a
> site? Is there such a thing? I'd go through and just do
> it for everything on their server, but they have a ton
> of old pages that don't get used any more, so I thought
> I might be able to skip those. Thanks ~ chris

Xenu's Link Sleuth will do it, but it's a Windows app.  Maybe it'll run under
WINE.

    Find broken links on your site with Xenu's Link Sleuth (TM)
    http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

A google for "Link Checker" at sourceforge.net turns up lots of possibilities.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asourceforge.net+%22link+checker%22

HTH