[Tfug] ps3

Steve lukkystarr at excite.com
Sun May 11 11:59:59 MST 2008

Well, since there is more free time with the end of the semester, I went ahead and started Yellow Dog on the playstation.  I followed the instructions and it is running now.  It is slow of course with the limited resources, but I'm just looking to deliver music and videos more effectively than the ps3 OS.  I didn't read the whole website, and realized only after the installation that wireless is a pain.  It is a problem for me because I want to get the content off a Terastation connected to my wireless router.  There are instructions for getting it set up by running a script that gets downloaded, and that is running now.

Like I said before, linux has come a long way.  I wouldn't have dreamed of being able to do something like this 5 years ago.