[Tfug] Adobe on Linux

Steve lukkystarr at excite.com
Mon Mar 31 16:22:51 MST 2008

I've been following the conversation concerning pdf files, mainly because I use Adobe products extensively on my Gateway convertible.  Alas, I use XP, simply because I don't have the time to spare from classes, and although I have been using linux for years, it would still be quite difficult to get it working to my satisfaction on my Gateway.

I found this interesting though...

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/03/adobe-releases.html

Will this AIR have the impact on the Linux community they hope it will?  I assume this has nothing to do with Acrobat, but could that be in the works?

I found this passage from the article interesting...

"the most innovative ideas in application design and user experience aren't happening on Linux. They are happening on Mac OS X, Windows and on the web. Linux, long suffering from the "designed by geeks for geeks" syndrome, has largely been left with unintuitive, difficult to use applications that are at best carbon-copies of their Mac or Windows counterparts. Sure, there are some good-looking applications with innovative interfaces on Linux -- various Superkaramba widgets come to mind -- but they are few in numbers when compared to those in the worlds of the web and commercial OSes."

Cheers,

Steve

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com