[Tfug] raid help

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:25:50 MST 2008

It depends on who's doing the raid. If it's a hardware raid controller, you
should check the documentation for the raid controller, but I think in
general, you can just power down, swap out the drive and start it back up
again.

If you're using linux software raid, I believe you'll need to run a command
to remove any partitions of that drive that are participating in raid
arrays, then power down, swap in the new drive, power on again, partition
the new drive to match the old one, then re-add the partitions back to the
raid arrays. Someone else might know if there's a gui utility in linux that
does all this for you.

James

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 7:56 AM, ray reeves <rays51ford at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a nice raid1 array the has been running for some time. A while
> ago the swap file on one drive became corrupted or otherwise not usable.
> As a result my system has no swap file to use and memory often is
> exceeded. I'd like a howto to either disassemble the raid array or to
> fix the one drive (sda) that has the error.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."