[Tfug] [heather.fox at pearson.com: Pearson Education User Group Program- March '08]

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 28 13:56:32 MST 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:45:10PM -0700, Judd Pickell wrote:
> Is there a cost associated with getting the copies? That C++ GUI
> programming book looks interesting to me, but would need to know how
> much and who to get the money to..

There's no cost associated with the books.  Prentice Hall sends them
out to LUGs as a way of getting feedback, garnering good will, etc.

Somebody else has asked for the C++/GUI book, so I'll definitely ask
for that.  And I'll ask if they might see their way of giving us a few
copies.  But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Generally, I bring all books to happy hour for give away; sometimes
I've given them away over the list.

Claude