[Tfug] marking up pdf documents

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Mar 24 13:54:44 MST 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 01:46:50PM -0700, christopher wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an app out there that
> let's users make marks along the lines of hi-lighting
> and comments in pdf documents?

Hi Christopher,

Of course, the full version of Adobe Acrobat permits this but I assume
that that's not what you're looking for.  KWord will read and edit
PDFs natively, a mighty cool feature that keeps it on my system; maybe
that'll do what you need?  Also, a while back (maybe a few years),
LWN.net did a "Grumpy Editor's Guide" to PDF readers.  Obviously, a
reader won't do what you need but it might be worth scanning through
the article's comments.  (Do a Google search for "Grumpy Editor's
Guide" and it should pull up the index.)

Claude