[Tfug] SSH/SSL question...

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 12:00:46 MST 2008

--- Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to BCC him on this.  Peter, this is going
> out to a Tucson-area
> Linux geek mailing list :).  Any help appreciated
> guys...he's got a virus
> right now and he's sick of wrassling with McAfee
> tech support for hour after
> hour...

Let me get this straight... he's worried about
what *you* -- someone he *knows* and presumably
*trusts* -- might do.... yet, he engages in
practices that have already exposed one (or
more?) of his machines to unknown threats???

Sounds like he needs to rethink where he leaves
his confidential information!

(hint:  all of mine is separated by a 6 foot air
gap in my network cable!  But, then again, I take
"confidential" quite seriously... )

--don