[Tfug] Way OT: optics mumbo jumbo

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 19 14:46:51 MST 2008

As a pro-am photographer, what you need to use is a flash diffuser.
Sometimes this is also known as a "softbox."

There are lots of home-made ways to build the softbox:

http://www.diyphotography.net/studio_lighting_diy_softboxing_the_world

On a small digital camera, experiment with different thicknesses of
fabric or thin paper to reduce the glare.  Medical gauze might be a
good item to try.

Brian