[Tfug] Way OT: optics mumbo jumbo

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Wed Mar 19 12:54:38 MST 2008

(Sorry for responding to the OP through a response, but I deleted
the OP)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now, my naive question:  by doing this, am I,
> to some extent, counteracting the effect of
> "moving away" from the target?  I.e., does
> the magnification I am bringing in to play
> *increase* the amount of light that strikes
> the (digital) film?

I do not have much to add, but in regards to "moving away", it
does change the perspective. The following article has some
decent examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_(photography)

If using a backdrop of some kind, that won't matter though.

--
Glen