[Tfug] Civil Liberties...

Michael Gatto gatto_omar at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:37:43 MST 2008

I can second the statement that many in the Intel Community take civil liberties seriously. I used to be in the intelligence collections field and we not only had rigorous restrictions on not collecting on US Citizens or on US territory, we were very firm in observing this and had anyone violated it, even unknowningly, we would have sent them packing to Ft Leavenworth without blinking an eye...

>>I know I take that document very seriously. During two summers I had the
>>opportunity to do some computer research work for the NSA. It was quite a bit
>>of fun, actually. And the people I met took their job seriously as well as
>>the protections afforded all citizens. I can't speak for all of them, but I
>>know most would have balked at doing anything that flaunted the Constitution.
>>Of course, all it takes is a few bad apples to cause all sorts of mayhem.

- Mike Gatto
Former Marine, Current Linux Geek