[Tfug] SQL database question

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Tue Mar 18 19:39:05 MST 2008

On 03/18/2008 06:47 PM, Bexley Hall wrote:
> --- Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net> wrote:
>> They can perform an export of the data only with no
>> Stored  Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Triggers,
>> etc. They  don't even have to include any constraints in the
>> export  including Primary and Foreign keys.
>
> I wouldn't accept any "black box dump" unless you know what
> else is "under the hood".  I.e., you need to know how data was
> committed to the database (was it "colored" by the procedures
> used to store it??) as well as how the "results" were
> officially reported vs. how the *dump* was created.

My statement was based on the interpretation that he wanted the
data, and did not care about the code. Maybe that was an incorrect
interpretation.

But yes, in order to verify the process you would not want a
black box dump. But if that is the case you need the code for the
applications interfacing with the database as well.

--
Glen