[Tfug] OT: Proposed increase in H1B visas

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Tue Mar 18 09:54:43 MST 2008

H1B visas are "dual-intent" which means that the company that sponsored
the person for the H1B visa can apply for them to receive permanent
residency. It takes years to obtain residency through this route. Once a
person is a permanent resident they can apply for citizenship after 5
additional years of "good moral standing" (i.e. no crimes, convicted or
otherwise).

So there is a process that H1B holders can stay here. But you are right
in that it is optional.

Andy

[snipped]

--