[Tfug] Busted Monitor

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 13:53:08 MST 2008

Hi, David,

--- david <daviiid at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Hey Guys----I have a 19 in LCD MONITOR that needs
> help. For a year or so
> it was beautiful .  Brand name PLANAR.
> What has happened is that there is a black band (two
> inch) around the
> image no matter what I do.Will not completely fill
> the screen.
>  I tried this with three computers under all
> possible scenarios and the
> result is the same------same 2 inches of black
> around the image.
> I either have to repair the monitor or have it
> done.Any suggestions?? Is
> there a local person that is competent ? Any
> suggestions??
> Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Are you seeing the "correct" video *within* the
displayed area?  (i.e., does the image just look like
it has been "shrunk" and fitted within a "black
frame"?

If so, I suspect your LCD has a feature to autoset
the display parameters to the input signal.  Is there
any sort of "auto" button (in a setup menu, perhaps)?

You can also try any other configuration options on
the panel to see if *it* has been confused.  I doubt
it is really "broken"  :-/

A model number might help...  :>