[Tfug] Aptitude -i GCL: Flags during compiling

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Sat Mar 15 08:23:10 MST 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Charles R. Kiss
<charles at kissbrothers.com> wrote:
> I need to "--enable -ansi " during installing and compiling GCL.   Is
>  there a way to do this through aptitude, or do I need to install a
>  tarball version?

Charles, I would get the source package, and build it with the desired
configuration.  The new maintainer's guide should have all the info
you need, but it may be as simple as setting CFLAGS environment
variable, and then invoking the magical build-the-package command.

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

--
RH