[Tfug] Holy Wars!

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 12 20:18:58 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 07:47:52PM -0700, Robert Hunter wrote:
>Honestly, I can't tell the difference anymore in terms of speed
>betweem emacs and what might have been traditionally considered
>"faster" editors.  However, if you are looking for an editor that can
>chew up your CPU, I'm sure they exist!

Oh my, yes.  It's called Eclipse!

I really do find it super useful when I'm programming in Java (otherwise I'm
an EMACS guy), but it will make any machine beg for mercy regardless of
memory capacity or CPU speed.

Sure, it's not strictly an editor, but then neither is EMACS, right?  :)

*( This email brought to you by mutt+EMACS )*

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.