[Tfug] where can I host a webpage

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Tue Mar 11 17:28:00 MST 2008

I don't know what you need but Geocities is free and works OK for me.  Has for years for a personal web site.

Emacs does fine for doing HTML, XHTML and CSS.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler
"I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code" Unknown Linux Geek

-- sitkaa at email.arizona.edu wrote:
Howdy all,

I am working on my thesis. The webpage is:

www.u.arizona.edu/~sitkaa

Check it out if you are interested in sustainability issues.

I need more space than can be provided on the UA servers. So, I suppose I need a
webpage hosting service. I think it would be best to use one outside the United
States, perhaps in Switzerland. Any idea how I can do this?

Additionally, I have been using a test copy of Adobe's Dreamweaver. Do y'all
know of a simple, free version of this or some other easy to use (is it an html
editor?) It can be either Windows or Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: