[Tfug] Any luck with Gnash (mozilla-plugin)?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 11 09:27:40 MST 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 10:45:33PM -0700, Shawn Nock wrote:
> Any one have any luck with Gnash? I am just looking for generic
> reports to see if it is worth my time to investigate further.

Hi Shawn,

I just saw that the latest version of Gnash has been packaged for
Debian.  http://www.miriamruiz.es/weblog/?p=154

Content of the post (links available on the above page):

The first beta release for Gnash has finally been published. There are
a lot of improvements in this version, and it now supports the
majority of Flash opcodes up to SWF version 7, and a wide sampling of
ActionScript 2 classes for SWF version 8.5. Flash version 9 and
ActionScript 3 support is being worked on. I’ve just uploaded it to
Debian, so it will soon be available in the mirrors. YouTube of course
works, but not all of the other video streaming web pages are
supported yet. Don’t forget to install the recommended packages if you
want to have the video streaming features available, as some plugins
for gstreamer are necessary for that.

Hope this helps,

Claude