[Tfug] WorldCare sale, reprise

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 16:30:49 CDT 2008

Hi,

Apparently, WC has kept their courtyard sale
going this week (all week).  However, the
servers are usually not visible -- they take
up too much room and there is very little
"public" demand to see them.

However, if you stop by between 1 and 3 on
most days, Joe (Alwine) is usually there to
bring folks in to look them over.  Most have
*some* Linux distro installed and bootable.
Dragging a monitor over and finding a place
to sit is what you'll need to do.

Dennis is often there on Thursdays after noon-ish.
He builds most of them so is probably worth
pestering with any detailed questions.

As "work hours" may not be convenient for many,
I'll probably be there Saturday from 9-ish to
3-ish.

WorldCare discourages folks coming "backstage"
as the area is technically off limits.  So,
please don't just drop in "for the hell of it";
we've got far too few staff to babysit sightseers.
Please don't abuse this.  :<  It's a good resource
for folks with certain types of needs...

But, we *would* like to find homes for as much
of this equipment as possible.

Since none of us *have* to be there at these
particular times, you'd be wise to call, first,
to verify Joe/Dennis/Don (whomever) is on-site.
You can also drive (west) down 22nd and visit
PCR if you are so inclined while you're in the
neighborhood.

You can also drop off anything (back gate) that
you need to recycle while you're at it.

Joe *claims* he will be posting a list of the
machines that are in the back room (servers).
But, he spends a lot of time out in the sun so
he tends to forget...  :>

--don