[Tfug] Connectivity out in Gates Pass?

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Mon Jun 30 18:38:33 MST 2008

Recommendations? without talking about a specific location
for the purpose of site evaluation, it's pointless to
recommend.

Sprint broadband is killing their existing fixed wireless,
but give them a little time and the bandwidth is expected to
reincarnate into some new technology offering.

Well, there's the possibility for simply bits fixed
wireless. call them to ask whether the location is covered.
Does Gain or anyone else still offer fixed wireless
broadband?

If the friends are desperate and have cash to spend,
Hughes.net or WildBlue might work if their view of the
southern horizon isn't too obscured by mountains or trees.
This option is even worse for large pings than aircard..
Hmmm, wonder if geosynchronous satellite broadband providers
work with linux?

YMMV