[Tfug] Using Subversion for my home dir

Matt Jacob m at mattjacob.com
Tue Jun 24 00:28:14 MST 2008

Claude Rubinson wrote:
> Joey Hess (of Debian fame) does this.  A Google search should pull up
> the relevant articles.  I believe that he wrote one for LinuxJournal a
> few years back.

I did find that article initially, but he didn't mention anything about
how well Subversion works with larger files or many, many GBs of files.
Granted, he did mention that he was thinking about putting his music and
larger files under version control, but it was just hypothetical at the
time of the article. On the other hand, there's an update on his site
that says he's using git now anyway, and I've heard git has better
performance than Subversion.

Matt