[Tfug] Memory under reported

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Wed Jun 18 13:44:47 MST 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [Tfug] Memory under reported
From: "Terence Rudkin" <trudkin at gmail.com>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 06/17/2008 02:15 PM
> All
>
> I have Hardy, Ubuntu, 8.0.4 kernel   2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun
> 4.  The system has 4 gigs of Ram installed. But the system reports
> only 3369900.   I upgraded to Hardy in the last few week I know before
> this the memory had be the full 4G.   Any ideas on what may be at
> issue and how to troubleshoot?
>
> TR

I have the same situation. The simplest solution is to install the
"server" version of the kernel instead of the "generic".

If you go into adept you will see it there. Don't forget to add the
restricted drivers and headers, if you use them.

Having run both on my workstation, I see no noticeable difference
between the two. There are differences but, for me, I simply can not see
them. The workstation still runs smoothly.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.