[Tfug] Bizarre permissions problem

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 12 17:48:51 MST 2008

Quoting Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com>:
> Yes.  Trust me, I can see lots of other .something files.  It's specific to
> this dir.
>
> I have *never* seen a situation where root (or "sudo nautilus") can't see
> something.  That's just wrong.

Systems like NFS can squash root.  When John told you this directory was
tied in with FUSE, he might be on to something.  I hate GNOME and don't
use it (f'd up stuff like this being one reason) so this is the best
advice I can give you.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.