[Tfug] virtualization

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Jun 9 12:41:20 MST 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 04:53:35PM -0700, Robert Hunter wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:23:19PM -0700, Matt Jacob wrote:
> > I'm only familiar with VMware products, and only on Windows at that, but
> > I've found virtualization to be very cool and very practical. It's great
> > for development for a lot of reasons, some of which include:
>
> I'd be interested in a benchmark study of the various VM products.
> I'm under the impression that Xen is supposed to be one of the best
> solutions in terms of performance, but I have no real basis for that.

I'd be interested in that as well.  My coworkers and I use Parallels
(since we're OSX guys too) which is nice since it can convert VMWare
images (which we get from customers from time to time).  But there's all
sorts of fun QA stuff any VM lets you do, too...  Just need to pick one
to use.

--
Tom Rini