[Tfug] Dilemma: Qwest or Comcast?

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Tue Jun 3 14:52:45 MST 2008

If all you are doing is creating a new extension to a single line I believe
you can daisy chain from one jack to another. I have done it several times
in my home. However, ideally you would trace back to the junction block and
wire the 2 jacks in parallel. The thing you want to avoid is running too
many ringer circuits over the same tiny wire. This is probably more of a
problem with older phones that drew more current than today's electronic
units. Just make sure you get the colors right.