[Tfug] SATA controller that plays well with others

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Tue Jun 3 10:21:24 MST 2008

I am setting up a cheap, low power file/print server for a friend.  I
will use a low end Celeron or P3 whatever I have lying around.  I will
likely run the OS off an IDE drive and put the data on mirrored SATA
drives.  I started with a cheap SATA card and found it completed ignored
by Xubuntu 6.06, 7.10, DSL 4.3 and Knoppix 5.0.  Can anyone recommend an
under $50 SATA controller card recognized by most Linux distros?  It
would be great if I could boot from it as well.  I am fairly distro
agnostic....

--
Paul Steinbach