[Tfug] No happy hour on the 5th Thurs

Jeremy D Rogers jdrogers at optics.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 31 18:34:27 MST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ditto.  And as a special bonus, I just finished building something amazing.
> Motorcycle crash armor for a laptop.  Unbelievable :).

I laid down my MC last summer (rain, hill, oil on the road, car
stopping short, braking hard, lost traction of front tire) with my
thinkpad in only a padded sleeve style backpack. It was suspended to
ram. It didn't seem to notice. I think I did a barrel roll off the
bike. I was wearing leather and a helmet. I noticed, but no scratches,
no bruises, just a little sore the next day. Bottom line, I think if
it's bad enough to break your laptop, your laptop will be the last
thing you will be concerned about. All the same, I want pics. :-)
JDR