[Tfug] Question on Realplayer (.RAM) video streams...

eric christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jul 31 08:05:42 MST 2008

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:22:44 -0700
> From: "John Karns" <johnkarns at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tfug] Question on Realplayer (.RAM) video streams...
> To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
>
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM, eric christian <ericdanc at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

No, that was Jim March. He wanted the utility for

http://www.house.state.tx.us/fx/av/committee80/80625a13.ram

> mplayer (mozilla-mplayer,mplayer 1.0~pre5) plugin plays it under FF (2.0.0.6)

Stand alone Totem complains i need  Video-Codec »Real Video 3.0« to play
the above.

When I try to install mplayer (mozilla-mplayer,mplayer 1.0~pre5),the deb installer needs libc6, but libc6 conflicts with allready installed lib tzdata. I have Etch here with iceweasel, beonex and firefox. Totem usually works, except for the above, but in FF it freezes up often when i attempt to play several videos (one after the other).

Eric