[Tfug] OT windows: need to vent

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:04:43 MST 2008

There's an easy way to have a Windows XP build that's transferable from one
system to another.

Create a Virtual Machine image in VirtualBox and move the image around from
one Linux distro to another.

So far I've been able to run the same XP image under various versions of
Ubuntu, 32bit and 64bit, plus Fedora 7 that I've tried so far.  In all
cases, so long as VirtualBox is running on a given system, it'll run on at
least any Linux-based Virtualbox install.

I'm going to test it on a Mac/Intel-based VirtualBox install soon :).

Jim