[Tfug] Accidental extra netbook computer

Matt Jacob m at mattjacob.com
Mon Jul 28 13:58:31 MST 2008

Jude Nelson wrote:
> should I keep the original shipping boxing?  Will they send a box and
> the postage necessary for me to return it?  Will they schedule UPS to
> pick it back up, or do I need to drop it off myself?

They had better! If they expect you to use your money and your time to
fix their blunder, you pull the "Oh, you know what? I actually only
received one after all. Thanks. Bye." maneuver. On top of that, I
believe you should be compensated for your time, but not necessarily for
being a Good Samaritan.

Let's assume it takes an hour to sort out the ordeal, box up the unit,
and get it where it needs to go. That's worth at least $100 in Newegg
credit, maybe even $300 or $400 (however much these things go for). It's
their way of saying, "Look, we goofed. Thanks for being honest and going
out of your way to get our merchandise back to us, and thanks for being
a loyal customer."

Or... they might even tell you to keep it. Who knows!

Matt

P.S. Let us know how this turns out (obviously).