[Tfug] Accidental extra netbook computer

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:37:58 MST 2008

Hey guys, long time no see!

Funny story.  A few days ago, I ordered one of Acer's new Aspire One
linux netbooks from NewEgg so I could add a touchscreen and use it in
school for note-taking.  When the package arrived, they accidentally
sent me a two-unit box from Acer, so now I have an extra Aspire.  Has
this happened to anyone before, and if so, what did you do?  Is there
a protocol for returning extra merchandise when it is accidentally
sent to you?  A friend at IBM told me that any mail that reaches you
via the USPS is automatically yours, but this was shipped via UPS, so
I don't know if that law applies.  Any ideas?

Regards,
Jude Nelson

PS  If you were thinking about getting an Eee PC, I think you will
find the Aspire to be a better deal :).  It's cheaper, it has a bigger
keyboard, you can max the RAM out to 1.5 GB, it has two MTD card
slots, and it has an Atheros 802.11 a/b/g wifi card which supports
host AP mode, virtual access points, monitor mode, and hardware-level
WEP.  It also has space for a cellular modem and sports a SIM card
reader.  Mine runs Debian :)