[Tfug] flames list

John Mc jmcneill2 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 21:41:13 MST 2008

>johngalt1 wrote:
The flames list has been dead for a long time. Unless you care to post there, why are you telling anyone else where to post?
+++

I thought I was posting there. Didn't you see the flames at tfug.org address in the header? I didn't know that it is a dead end mail box. A previous posting had indicated the Flames List was the right forum for posts like yours. I was able to get a confirmed sign-up and I thought sending email to that list would post there. I was hoping that others would accept the suggestion and reply from that forum. That's why I wrote "Suggestion" at the top of my post. I've seen it done that way in other forums when things get off topic. Am I required to post a response in addition to reading other people's postings? Sometimes I'd rather hit the delete button.

Interesting frame of reference. You thought you were being dissed. I thought I was being polite. I guess the jokes on me for actually posting to a dead end mail drop.

I've been using Linux for 9 years although I haven't progressed that far. I joined this list to try and learn about the coding abilities of its members. I've identified one super sharp guy who I now remember meeting 5 years ago while I was helping staff Stallman's booth at COMDEX. I am involved with a computer related company in Tucson that may need several more employees in the next 12 months. I have been trying to influence them to hire from the Linux community.