[Tfug] login problem

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:08:29 MST 2008

Hey guys!

I was trying to install VirtualBox, and it would let me install a guest OS,
claiming I didn't have permissions. In trying to change that, I goofed up,
and I noticed that when I would open a terminal and type sudo " "" , I
wasn't being asked for my password. I didn't want that, so I dug through
trying to change that back. Well, I unclicked a box and now my user name no
longer has sudo permissions, and so I can't administer my system.

What would be my proper procedure for fixing this. I have to loging as root,
to get that back - I can't add/remove programs, and so forth, even - but
'root' isn't available as a login option. What to do?

Thanks,
Matthew