[Tfug] *Way* OT... :>

euvitudo euvitudo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:13:07 MST 2008

Take a look at pet shops--they have nice siphons (for aquaria) where
you fill a thick tube with water, and lift it sufficiently to initialize the
effects of gravity.

This thick tube is connected to a hose at the other end, allowing the
water to 'escape'.

On a similar note, I had an aquarium filter that required 'manual'
siphoning to get enough water into the tube to start the gravitational
effects for the filter to work.  Needless to say, I think that may be
worse than rainwater.  Dealing with filters is bad enough--let alone
beginning the siphoning process started manually.

Thankfully I replaced it with a new filter that has a better way
(albeit still manual) to begin the process.

Phil