[Tfug] Erratic mouse behavior

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 21:15:18 MST 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Charles R. Kiss <charles at kissbrothers.com>
wrote:

> Recently, I've been getting very erratic mouse behavior with my
> Debian/Windows XP OS on K7 motherboard with AMD Athlon (ca.2004).  It's
> driving me crazy.

Ah.  Well in hardware terms, you either have a fried mouse port on the
yomamaboard, or a dead mouse.

I assume you've tried swapping mice?

If so, what I'd try next is, spend $10 at SWS and get a USB mouse, run
that.  It will use basically a different interface and driver software stack
in most Linux distros.  Well, mostly different.

If THAT is still erratic, then you've nailed it down to a software issue.
Damned if I'd know where at that point, I'd be tempted to back up /home and
load something else.  Ubuntu :).

Anyways.  Try a USB mousie next.

Jim