[Tfug] blogging software experience

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 07:11:49 MST 2008

Hi Paul,

Wordpress is supposed to be the best and most popular.  There is Movable Type,  TypePad, and others.

WordPress is written in PHP.  You can find the docs here http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

There is a little bit of a learning curve.

I personally do not like the way the blogs look.  Journaling does not work for me in a business environment.  It take way too much effort to get these blogging softwares to look business professional.  I talked to a guy recently that told me he spent a man month getting Movable Type to behave the way he needed so it would take on the look and feel of his employer's website, a professional look.

Keith

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer