[Tfug] Jerks

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Thu Jul 17 20:50:58 MST 2008

Just got off the phone with Sprint broadband tech support.
If you might recall, their service is going down on July 31.
I got a letter saying so. But my service was dead today.

Their story was, in other service areas that were shut off
earlier, people called up all P.O.ed because no one informed
them the service was going away for good.

Therefore, it seems they decided to kill everyone's service
so that when they called to complain, Sprint could let them
know the service is going down for good on the 31st.

WTF?

I asked the very nice person on the phone what Sprint was
going to do with the spectrum, now that their fixed wireless
service is discontinued.  She blamed this on the FCC,
sayiing they sold the spectrum to someone else. I still
think this answer sounds like BS.