[Tfug] t-shirts

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 2 19:29:57 MST 2008

Hi all,

In case you weren't at the last happy hour, Chris brought the sample
shirt and mug (both from CafePress).  The mug came out great, but the
shirt was awful.  So, we're going to need to have the shirts
professionally silk screened.

I'm currently in talks with a local printer regarding the production
of the TFUG t-shirts.  Before he can provide a price quote, though, he
needs to know the number of order and the sizes.  So, if you're
*committed* to buying a t-shirt, please email me with the number that
you want and your size(s).  I'll pad the estimate to (try to) make
sure that there will be enough.  While I don't know how much the
shirts will cost, I can't imagine that they would be more than $20.
(And, of course, we'll be selling them at or very near cost.  Nobody's
going to be making a profit off of them.)

And while there was extensive discussion about revisions to the logo,
I'm not promising what the final image will look like.  The current
version is on the happy hour page at
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rubinson/tfughh/.  There might be minor
changes; there might not.  In any case, since we're having to order
these in bulk, there's only going to be one version.  (Of course, feel
free to print up your own version, if you want.)  Also, the colors
still have to be decided.

So, to recap: If you're committed to buying a shirt, please email me
the number and sizes that you want and I'll guarantee that you'll get
yours.  I'll will order some extras, but there's no guarantee.

Finally, please email me directly at <rubinson at email.arizona.edu>.
Don't reply to the list unless you have something to say to the list.
(And pay attention to your headers: the TFUG mailing list munges the
ReplyTo header such that, by default, you'll be replying to the list
rather than me.)

Claude