[Tfug] Shamless UNIX workstation trafficking

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:09:33 MST 2008

Hello everyone,

I have some UNIX workstations that need a good home, as I need the space:

Sun Ultra 30
296 MHz UltraSPARC II
1 GB RAM
1 9.1 GB SCSI drive
1 UPA Creator3D framebuffer
Debian Etch
$40 obo

Sun Ultra 5
400 MHz UltraSPARC IIi
256 MB RAM
10 GB IDE drive
Debian Etch
$40 obo

Sun Ultra 1
167 MHz UltraSPARC I
1 GB RAM
1 9.1 GB SCSI drive
Debian Etch
$20 obo

Sun SparcStation 20
2x 50 MHz HyperSPARCs
440 MB RAM
1 5? GB SCSI drive
No OS
$10 obo

SGI Octane 2 (Octane 1 chassis, Octane 2 parts)
2x 195 MHz R10000 MIPS
1792 MB RAM
2x 9.1 GB SCSI drives
2x ImpactSR graphics cards (1 SI, 1 SE + TRAM [I can double-check this
with hinv])
Uses PS/2 keyboard and mouse
I actually got Debian Etch running on this
$90 obo*

Compaq iPAQ h3600 UNIX PDA
206MHz StrongARM processor
32 MB RAM
Familiar Linux 0.8.4
Comes with CF sleeve and charger and 256 MB CF card
$30 obo

eTower PC
500 MHz Celeron
192 MB RAM
integrated ATI Rage (uses OSS X11 driver)
4 GB disk
Debian Etch
$30 obo

Sun 13W3 monitor (17" CRT)
FREE with any workstation (except the U5--that has VGA)

Sun 5 keyboard
FREE with any Sun workstation

I can bring these to the next meeting, or we can arrange a meeting
place.  Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Regards,
Jude Nelson

*This is actually a good deal for this class of workstation.  These
machines get GREAT throughput, and they sell for twice as much on
eBay.