[Tfug] Domain names

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sun Jan 27 11:04:20 MST 2008

John Gruenenfelder wrote:

> Is there any recourse to this?  And it's not like they just want a couple of
> dollars to hand it over.  On one I checked, the minimum asking price was
> $1000!  I made an offer of $15.  I haven't heard back from them...

It's been happening for years.

One of my domains which I have actively used and promoted for over
twelve years apparently appealed to someone else.  He made me a
magnificent offer of $100 if I would sell him the domain name.

No, I didn't sell.  Had he offered me a thousand times that much, I
might have reconsidered.  :-)

Yes, I agree that domain squatting is immoral and should be illegal.  I
remember when they opened up many of the other tld's, I got e-mails from
my registrar that I owned abc_company.com, I should register
abc_company.tld before my competitors did.

George Cohn